Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Alison!




...to a Groovy Chick!

All we know is that Alison Tyler -- the lovely and talented writer, editor, publisher, gift-giver, contest-thrower, door-opener and all-around creative inspiration to many -- blasted into this world during the fair month of June, tilting our green blue planet slightly off its axis with her entry. And, of course, nothing has been the same since. We are choosing today to celebrate though Alison herself is partying until July.
So, without further ado, Alison, I present your birthday presents: a duet of vintage cards expressing my felicitations; an eternal bouquet of balloons; the Happy Birthday song, as sung by one of the omnipresent "hot monkey sex" monkeys; and a topical Donald Duck cartoon. Then, get your dancing shoes on for a singalong Beatles Birthday and a Japanese animation cover of their song. (It's hallucinatory when both are played together.) Finally, it's time for deliciously psychedelic birthday cake. Oh, I also got you a pony! For birthday boots, please go here.
I hope you enjoy(ed) your birthday, Alison! I wish you many more! And, may they be happy and healthy, always!

XOXO



Your friend and admirer,

ER












This cross-blog birthday party present is the brainchild of the ever-charming Nikki Magennis.

7 comments:

Donna said...

What a lovely basket of goodies!

Alison Tyler said...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

XXX,
Alison

Marina said...

ER! I almost posted that monkey singing Happy Birthday, too! Too funny! I kept putting him in the post, taking him out, in and out. At least I had some fun with him, and you used him, too! Yay for hot monkey sex!

Jeremy Edwards said...

I love the infinitely receding*, self-mailing card kid!

*You know, like a hairline.

EllaRegina said...

Thanks, Donna! You have quite the cornucopia yerself!

Oh, AT, it's all for you! You're so very welcome. I hope you enjoy the hop from blog to blog.

Ha, Marina! Funny. I almost expected everyone to use that monkey, too! He's weird but I like him. And he does personify AT's crazy-worded search strings.

Hey, Jeremy! Yeah, I like that, too, though it looks like they left the drawing out on the last card; I guess we must imagine it.

Gina Marie said...

Oh my goodness EllaRegina! I just had all of the birthday songs going at the same time. Hoot! What fun. I so love birthday parties, but I really do need a spanking. All the excitement gets me so keyed up.

EllaRegina said...

I'm glad you had fun!

I think you can find some spanking excitement courtesy of Janine and Cora.