Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hot Sheets


My generous friend Donna George Storey is not only a gifted short-story writer, novelist, journalist, gourmet, and columnist; she now sports a hotelier's hat (whatever that looks like). For the past few weeks she has been hosting a literary orgy, Suite 69, at her blog Sex, Food, and Writing, wherein writers' hotel stories are showcased.

I'm the guest there today in Welcome to Hotel Guacamole, with a short-story originally crafted for one of the inimitable Alison Tyler's writing exercises/contests. I thought this 517-word offering, Fucking Green, would be particularly appropriate for Suite 69 as it has to do with sex, food...and hotel sheets.

Thank you so much, Donna, for letting me trample your corridors and peek into the other rooms. There's so much to see! Please let me know when you want the skeleton key back. I hope it's not anytime soon. I'm kind of busy...looking...and trying out all the beds like Goldilocks.

Speaking of green and sheets, a theme seems to be emerging: Alison Tyler just inaugurated a new online hot spot, The Boudoir Blog, where the bed is always the main character. Here's mine.

Enjoy your rolls in my hay!

PS: Don't sit in this postcard's foreground chair. It's reserved for Charlie Brown.


5 comments:

Erobintica said...

I love guacamole, but had never thought of using it in quite that fashion. ;-)

& congrats on that tall pointy building of a story!

EllaRegina said...

Thank you! Yes, this is one for Heloise's Erotic Hints -- sex-aids made from simple things around the house and garden.

I'll probably post about the ESB shorty tomorrow.

I've got to shower off all this guacamole now!

Jeremy Edwards said...

Don't sit in this postcard's foreground chair. It's reserved for Charlie Brown.

Hahahaha! Good grief!

Emerald said...

Lol. I was going to say before I even read the comical instruction about the foreground seating that I like that second picture. And then I get here and got to read Jeremy's comical comment as well!

Enjoyed your story at Donna's; thanks for sharing!

EllaRegina said...

Thanks, Snoopy -- I mean Jeremy! And you're welcome, Emerald. Green, just for you!