Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MONKEYBOARD BUSINESS, a Story

Eternal muse Alison Tyler had another contest the other day, where she asked people to write a 250-word piece "that deals with writing." Those were our only instructions, should we choose to accept them. I did. Here is what I came up with. I "colorfied" it, for extra fun:

MONKEYBOARD BUSINESS
© 2009 by EllaRegina

It happened nightly, while Kay slept. The keyboard, dormant after the final mouse click, reanimated itself in the darkness of her writing room.

It was an orgy of letter-play. Q generally instigated, with his rotund belly and permanent right-leaning dangle. He'd pop off his metal spoke and chase down a tight " or = on the far side of the beige plastic, trying to wedge his tilted appendage wherever he could.

* desired a licking -- U was a good bet for that unless it was too busy being fucked by I, or pegged by T. W was very popular with keys that hadn't been breastfed. Ditto <, >, and ^ (who spoke foreign languages and was often in the company of ~ and `, snobs all). V and Y had many suitors. Alas, poor . was universally ignored, except by those keys having a particular fetish.

X, forever a size queen, alternated between / and \. ! was enthusiastic about trying new positions; ? also experimental. 6 and 9 went at it regularly, not quite knowing what else to do with themselves. S hung with m, control overseeing their activities. O and 0 sought penetration and nothing but, by any available letter -- each felt so different; one could not compare R to E nor Z to G... & masturbated.

And every morning @ 8, after delete and escape depressed themselves, Kay returned to the keyboard -- sitting inert just as she'd left it, ready for her daily thousand words.

Copyright 2009 EllaRegina. All rights reserved. Content may not be copied or used in whole or part without prior written permission from the author.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol -- how cute and clever I found this!!! I loved it!!

"Alas, poor . was universally ignored, except by those keys having a particular fetish" --

cracked me up! So did

"6 and 9 went at it regularly, not quite knowing what else to do with themselves."

Lol!! I was still laughing when I got to the "O" and "0" seeking "penetration and nothing but," and I laughed more!

I love the way it ends with the "delete and escape" keys. :) SO cute!

Thanks!

Craig Sorensen said...

Wow, this is great! Vintage EllaRegina!

Erobintica said...

This story was such fun - I loved Q and his appendage! The colorized version is great.

Congrats! - I'd been wondering which one was yours.

Neve Black said...

You're very talented, EllaR. That was very fun and so creative!

Thank you for sharing. :-)

EllaRegina said...

Thanks, y'all! This was great fun to write. (I cracked myself up, too, Emerald!) ;-)

I tried to post the colorized version on AT's blog but the comment feature only supports pretty basic HTML, unless I simply didn't do it correctly...

Alana Noel Voth said...

Hey, cool. Good luck with the contest. :-)


Peace,
A

EllaRegina said...

Thanks, Alana. (The contest ended Sunday evening.)

Jeremy Edwards said...

What an inspired, hilarious, brilliant delight! You are the qwerty-est!

EllaRegina said...

Aw, Jeremy, you UIOP[], you...

Donna said...

I'll never look at the letter "Q" in the same way again!

You are a true original, ER.

EllaRegina said...

Yeah. Who knew with Q?!

Thanks, doll.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I just stopped by and read this again, and I feel like it's seemed more clever every time I read it!!! Just delightful, ER.

EllaRegina said...

You're so sweet, Emerald!

If only you ruled the world!!

:-)

Jeremy Edwards said...

Ooh! I'd like to live in a world ruled by Emerald! Where do we sign up??

EllaRegina said...

Why, in Emerald City, of course!

Emerald said...

Lol -- wow, how delightful and blush-eliciting!! Thank you to both of you! :: Blush ::

"Emerald City" -- that cleverness made me smile, ER.

(P.S. I think for now you'll have to settle for the salad course, lol. I run the district at least. :))

EllaRegina said...

Emerald, luckily for you I am a major salad eater. And I mean that both ways: I eat major salads and I am a champion at eating them. :-)

Very much looking forward to your verdant offering.

Anonymous said...

"I eat major salads and I am a champion at eating them."

bravo, my friend! bravo!

(i was going to comment on poor 6 and 9 not quiet knowing what else to do but sometimes a story says everything you can think of so well that the response becomes moot ... that and the fact i always respect a good salad eater)

EllaRegina said...

Thanks, Zachary! Re the story and my salad business!

Janine Ashbless said...

Clever and hilarious Ella - I shrieked at the ampersand and made Mr Ashbless jump!

EllaRegina said...

Thanks, Janine!

Oh, poor Mr Ashbless! I hope he didn't hurt himself!